We live in a world that is bombarded with paranoid
messages about how dangerous the sun is. The sun, in my opinion, isn’t as bad
as people make it sound! With moderate
exposure, the sun can actually heal all kinds of illnesses, and bring about
radiant health! According to an article submitted
by Marcs J. Felicetti, titled “10 Benefits of the Sun”, the sun actually has
the benefit of killing bad bacteria. Crazy isn’t it?! Sunlight has a beneficial
effect on skin disorders, such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and fungal infections
of the skin. Sunlight also lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. Even a single
exposure significantly lowers blood pressure in people with high blood
pressure. Sunlight penetrates deep into the skin to cleanse the blood and blood
vessels. During the winter, I get seasonal affective disorder, which is depression
in the winter months due to a decreased amount of sun exposure. I am that type
of person that hates gloomy, dark days, so whenever I see that it’s bright and
sunny out, I get cheerful, happy, and hyper. The sun seriously makes such a
difference in my day. Sadly, a lot people go overboard with the exposure of sun
they get. During the summer, I have friends that will exposure themselves to
hours and hours of dangerous, hot sunlight, attempting to get a “radiant, glowing tan”. Exposure
to the sun should be done slowly. If you are not used to the sun, then your skin
will be more sensitive to it. Too much of anything is bad for us. Moderation
and limitation is the key in achieving healthy sun exposure!
No comments:
Post a Comment