During spring break, my best friend came back to town along with her
little cousin. Her cousin was only 9 and she wore excessive amounts of makeup. This girl had cakey foundation, bright eye shadow, heavy eyeliner, and
lipstick on. Her eyebrows were drawn on too. I am not exaggerating when I say
this, but her makeup was ridiculously heavy. It wasn’t cheap makeup either. My best
friend is pretty good at makeup, so I originally thought that she had done it
on her little cousin. This was not the case. The girl had done her makeup by
herself and claimed to do it like that regularly. I was shocked. I think 9
years of age is too early to start wearing heavy makeup. Anything heavy before
age 13 is too young. I found it tacky to see the girl with that much makeup. Apparently
her parents didn’t care she wore that much of it. It was more makeup than I wear. I started
wearing makeup in 7th grade; it was just light eye shadow and mascara
though. After seeing this 9 year old girl, it made me wonder what causes young
girls to want to wear makeup earlier than others. I think hormones, society,
and media pressure girls these days to be something they’re not. Out of curiosity,
I ended up asking my best friend’s cousin what made her wear makeup. She said
she wears it so she can feel older.
No comments:
Post a Comment