The article titled “Letter to the Editor: Response to “The
Ethanol Scam” in our text book, is an article written by Bob Dinneen of the
Renewable Fuels Association. It was written in response to an August 2007 Rolling Stone feature article criticizing
biofuels. In his letter, Dinneen observes that the editors and reporters at the
magazine fail to understand “the complexities of world energy markets and need
for ethanol and other renewable fuels.” Dinneen draws on evidence from
published studies and government reports to support his reasoning. He stresses
the inattention Mr. Goodell and Rolling Stone
had prior to submitting their one side of the argument. He strongly feels they
didn’t quite understand the role of renewable fuels like ethanol could play in
our nation. I think a lot of times, people jump to conclusions about issues
without fully being informed about the topic. Before declaring sides, people should
definitely review both sides. I’ve had classes where we’ve had debates and I don’t
like them. In a short amount of time, we’re expected to pick a side and defend
it. I’m so indecisive when it comes to these kinds of things; I need time to
fully understand both sides.
No comments:
Post a Comment